Immigration to Canada

To immigrate to Canada and become a Canadian Permanent Resident, you will need to apply for and be issued a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa.

Immigration to Canada
People outside of Canada often refer to a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa as a “Green card”. The term Green Card, of course, pertains only to U.S. immigration status.
There are various programs under which you may qualify for Canadian immigration, but it’s important to identify the best one for your particular situation. Take a FREE assessment and we will help you narrow down your choices for immigration to Canada.

Sponsor your spouse: New rules in effect

In an ongoing effort to deter people from using marriages of convenience to cheat their way into Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada introduced a new regulation that requires certain sponsored spouses to live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years or risk losing their permanent resident status.

These regulations bring Canadian policy in line with that of many other countries including Australia, the United States and the United Kingdom, all of whom use a form of conditional status as a deterrent against marriage fraud.

The regulations include an exception for sponsored spouses or partners suffering abuse or neglect. The exception would also apply in the event of the death of the sponsor.